Best Dental Implants in Ghaziabad
A dental implant is a prosthetic device used to replace missing teeth. The implant is typically made of titanium and is surgically placed into the jawbone to provide support for a replacement tooth or bridge. Here’s an overview of dental implants:
Procedure: The process of getting a dental implant typically involves the following steps:
- Evaluation and planning: The dentist will first evaluate your oral health and discuss your options for replacing missing teeth. They will also create a customized treatment plan based on your specific needs and goals.
- Implant placement: The dentist will then surgically place the implant into the jawbone. The implant will need to heal and fuse with the jawbone over several months to provide a stable base for the replacement tooth.
- Abutment placement: Once the implant has fully fused with the jawbone, the dentist will place an abutment onto the implant. The abutment is a connector that will hold the replacement tooth or bridge in place.
- Restoration: The dentist will then place the replacement tooth or bridge onto the abutment. The replacement tooth or bridge will be designed to match the color and shape of your natural teeth for a seamless appearance.
Aftercare: After getting a dental implant, it’s important to follow good oral hygiene practices to maintain the health of the implant and prevent infection. This includes brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting the dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. It’s also important to avoid chewing on hard objects or foods that can damage the implant.
In some cases, the implant site may be sore or swollen for a few days after the procedure. The dentist may prescribe pain medication or recommend over-the-counter pain relievers to manage any discomfort. It’s also important to follow any specific aftercare instructions provided by the dentist to ensure proper healing and long-term success of the implant.
- Name: Dr. Ratika Gupta
- Speciality: Dental Surgeon
- Degree: B.D.S, M.D.S
- Experience: 12+ Years
- Phone: +91 8290582582
- Timings: Mon to Sat 11:00 AM to 12 Noon | 5.30 PM to 8.30 PM (Sunday Closed)