Root Canal Treatment in Ghaziabad
Root canal treatment (RCT) is a dental procedure used to treat a tooth that is infected or severely decayed. The procedure involves removing the infected or damaged pulp from inside the tooth and filling it with a special material to prevent further infection. Here’s an overview of root canal treatment:
Procedure: The process of getting a root canal treatment typically involves the following steps:
- Numbing the area: The dentist will first numb the area around the affected tooth with a local anesthetic to prevent pain during the procedure.
- Accessing the pulp: The dentist will then create a small opening in the top of the tooth to access the pulp chamber and remove the infected or damaged pulp.
- Cleaning and shaping the canals: The dentist will use special tools to clean and shape the canals inside the tooth to remove any remaining infected tissue.
- Filling the canals: Once the canals are cleaned and shaped, the dentist will fill them with a special material called gutta-percha to prevent further infection.
- Sealing the tooth: The dentist will then seal the opening in the tooth with a temporary filling or permanent restoration, such as a crown, to protect the tooth and restore its function.
Aftercare: After getting a root canal treatment, it’s important to follow good oral hygiene practices to maintain the health of the treated tooth and prevent further infection. This includes brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting the dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. It’s also important to avoid chewing on hard objects or foods that can damage the tooth.
In some cases, the tooth may be sensitive or sore for a few days after the procedure. The dentist may prescribe pain medication or recommend over-the-counter pain relievers to manage any discomfort. If you experience any persistent pain or swelling, it’s important to contact your dentist right away.
- Name: Dr. Ratika Gupta
- Speciality: Dental Surgeon
- Degree: B.D.S, M.D.S
- Experience: 12+ Years
- Phone: +91 8290582582
- Timings: Mon to Sat 11:00 AM to 12 Noon | 5.30 PM to 8.30 PM (Sunday Closed)